Some of the prominent reasons behind Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion:
- The MS Outlook provides offline accessibility of mailboxes
- As you know that, MS Outlook provides better data management and security options than Lotus Notes
- Generally, MS Outlook is more user-friendly than Lotus Notes
- MS Outlook is very much simple to use than Lotus Notes
- Outlook demands less installation and maintenance charges
- Data sharing is much easier in MS Outlook than Lotus Notes
Lotus Notes is unable to perform multi-tasking.
Manual Method to Migration from Lotus Notes to Ms Outlook
With the manual method, you can access NSF files in MS Outlook by changing it to PST file format. But before performing the manual conversion it is recommended that you must have a complete backup copy of original NSF file. The manual method is performed in two stages to convert NSF files into PST files.
1. Export NSF files from Lotus Notes to an intermediate CSV file
2. Import the intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook
Step I: Export NSF files to CSV
To export NSF files from Lotus Notes, perform the steps given below
1. Launch IBM Lotus Notes program.
2. Press File >to Open > Lotus Notes Application.
3. Then browse the required NSF file and click Open. In the Open Application of window, the selected NSF file gets opened.
4. Now, on the File menu, click Export.
5. On Export dialogue box, enter file location, the file name, and saving type.
6. Select the Comma Separated Value format for the file.
7. A dialogue box CSV Export gets open. Select the required options. Click OK.
8. The data exported is saved in the CSV file setup at a well-defined location.
Step II: Import CSV file into Outlook
Import the Intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook by following the steps:
1. Launch MS Outlook program.
2. On the File menu, click Open & Export, and then click Import/Export.
3. And then a dialogue box pops up for Import and Export Wizard will open. Then click on the Select Import from another program or file from the options. Click Next.
4. Select Comma Separated Values as file type and click Next.
5. Click Browse and then select the path for CSV file which was created earlier using the Export command of Lotus Notes. You can select the options according to your need.
6. Select the Outlook folder where you want to save your exported data and click Next.
7. Select the given checkbox in the Import a file of the dialogue box and then click on Finish. You can also change your destination or map custom fields by clicking on the same name options.
8. The data from the “CSV file” would be then imported to “MS Outlook.”
Some of the Challenges that occur in manual NSF to PST conversion
The free NSF to PST conversion method is supportive in some situations, but it has some limitations too which are listed below:
The application is a little bit Complicated and tedious for a novice user
It converts only one NSF file at one time, which makes the process monotonous and lengthy
Time-consuming and fails to migrate entire data
If it is not handled correctly, then it might cause corruption in the NSF file
Selective conversion is not possible
Automatic Method: NSF to PST Converter
Aryson NSF to PST Converter helps in converting Lotus Notes .nsf file to MS Outlook .pst format without any kind of data loss. This NSF to PST Converter is believed to be the best utility tool that facilitates quick and reliable export of all NSF file objects to the desired PST file.